This Privacy Notice applies to the U.S. website platforms, mobile applications and/or other digital services (each a “Digital Service”) linking to this Privacy Notice and owned and/or operated by Exclusive Racing, Inc.:
Hereinafter referred to as: “EXR”. This Privacy Notice describes the privacy practices of EXR only and does not cover the practices of other users with whom you may engage through the Digital Services or other companies, including those that may advertise or sponsor content, products or services on the Digital Services.
When you use or interact with a Digital Service operated or owned by EXR, EXR and third parties may obtain certain information about you. Below is in overview of our privacy practices related to the Digital Services.
B. WHAT INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
When you use a Digital Service, we may obtain various types of information related to you and your use of the Digital Service. This may include any information that directly identifies you or your personal identity such as your name, address, or contact information (this type of information may be called “personal information” or “personally identifiable information” or “personal data”). The information we obtain generally consists of information (1) you give us about yourself, (2) you give us about others, (3) automatically collected about your interactions with the Digital Services and our content or ads on third-party websites, apps or other media, and (4) we get from other sources.
1. Information you give us
We may ask you to provide information about yourself when you use the Digital Services. For example, during account registration, you will need to give us an email address. You may not be able to use certain features if you choose not to submit the requested information.
The information you give us may include details such as:
Lead Generation/Contact Forms
- Contact information (e.g., name, mailing address, email address or phone number). This may be your personal or professional contact information if you are a dealer.
- Information you provide when creating an Account or purchasing such as your contact, billing, and shipping information.
- Demographic, interests and household information (e.g., age, gender or education).
- Information you provide in auction listings, including vehicle year, make, model, geographic location, vehicle identification number (“VIN”) and other vehicle related information and/or information about any other products or services you may list or make available on, or in connection with, the Digital Services including photos, videos and other listing content.
- Payment information for transactions made through the Digital Services (e.g., payment card number, expiration date and billing information).
- Comments, photos, videos and other content or information you choose to publish on the Digital Services or otherwise share with us, including photos of vehicles which may include license plate information.
Email Marketing and Newsletters
- Information you provide when you choose to participate in newsletters, contests or promotions (including information about your participation in activities that may generate loyalty or rewards points).
- Location information, which may include precise location information when you permit the Digital Services to access device location. To prevent the collection of precise location information, please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or device manufacturer.
- Other information you may allow us to access through your device’s permissions settings, such as your contacts or address book.
Transactional an Activity Information
- Transactional and activity information (e.g., data regarding listings, bids, requests and other transaction-based content that you generate or derived from your activities)).
- EXR may publish a list of Customers & Testimonials on its site with information on customer names and job titles. EXR obtains the authorization of every customer before publishing any testimonial on its website.
2. Information you give us about others
You may give us information about other people, such as the name and email of a friend or contact with whom you want to share our content. Do not give us information about others unless you are authorized or have their consent to do so. We will use their information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
3. Information automatically collected (Website Analytics)
The Digital Services automatically log certain information about visits to the Digital Services and the user’s engagement with the Digital Services, such as the number and frequency of visitors, technical information about browsers and devices used to access the Digital Services, and information about crashes or other technical issues. In addition, we and third parties may automatically collect certain information through automated means about your activities over time across the Digital Services as well as across third-party sites, apps or other media. The tools that collect this information vary depending on the Digital Services and include technologies such as cookies, web beacons, tags, scripts, pixels, local shared objects (including HTML5 cookies) and software development kits (“SDKs”). These technologies may be included in our web pages, mobile apps, emails, and other digital content. The tools may assign or collect unique cookie IDs or other identifiers associated with your browser or device. The tools may collect information while you are using our Digital Services or while they are running in the background of your device. For instance, Pixel tags allow us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
The information automatically collected may include:
- Information about your computer, device, browser and operating system (e.g., type, model, or version).
- Internet protocol (IP) address, which may be used to derive your general geographic area (e.g., city and country).
- Device identifiers (e.g., mobile advertising IDs).
- Information about your interactions with the Digital Services, including browsing activities and clickstream data that reflect the content you have accessed, clicked on, or viewed.
- Information about how you accessed the Digital Services, including details about websites or apps visited immediately before or after accessing a Digital Service.
- Demographic, interests and household information.
- Information about your interactions with email messages and other communications, such as whether you opened or forwarded the email or clicked on links contained in the email.
For more information about the use of automated means in the context of interest-based advertising and how you can limit tracking, see section C. 3 For advertising and marketing purposes, including interest-based advertising (below).
4. Information we obtain from other sources
We receive information about you from other sources and it may be combined with other information about you. For example, we may obtain data from:
- Operators of third-party sites or apps, content distribution channels and platforms, voice-activated assistants or other devices and technologies when you interact with our content, products, services or ads available on those channels and platforms. The information we receive may include information about the content you view or access as well as your demographic information and information about your interests.
- Third-party data suppliers such as data aggregators, data resellers, public databases and business partners. They may provide us with demographic information, information about your transactions, and other information that helps us learn about you and other users of the Digital Services.
C. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
If you make a transaction using a Digital Service, we use your payment card information (e.g., your card number and expiration date) for limited purposes such as to process your transaction (including recurring payments, if applicable), to provide you with the requested products or services and for the purposes described under the section “To protect our rights or the rights of others” below.
Please note that if you successfully win a bid or complete a transaction with another user or third party that may be integrated with the Digital Services, we will provide the other user or third party, as appropriate, with your personal information to facilitate the transaction you requested (including, your name and contact information).
Other users (including sellers) and third parties are independent from us and are responsible for the handling and use of your personal information, including personal information that we may provide to them. Sellers and third parties are responsible for compliance with applicable laws, including privacy laws, and rights that you may have with respect to your personal information that such users, sellers and third parties maintain. You should direct any questions or concerns with respect to your information directly to such users, sellers and third parties.
With respect to information other than your payment card information, we use that information:
1. To provide you with the Digital Services. This includes:
- Processing your requests regarding the Digital Services and our products or services, including listing or placing a bid or offer on a listed vehicle or any other products or services, or your participation in a newsletter, contest, promotion, event or similar initiative. This also includes the publication and promotion of your listings and related content on other sites, apps or digital properties operated within our family of companies and/or cooperating with third party operators of sites, apps and other digital properties for such publication and promotion.
- Providing customer assistance or technical support and solving problems or disputes relating to auctions or fee claims.
- Customizing content, providing recommendations and enhancing the quality and your overall experience with the Digital Services, including by retaining your user preferences or presenting content in the most effective manner for the browser or device you use to access the Digital Services.
- Maintaining, operating, improving and developing the Digital Services and related content, products or services, including developing new products and features based on users’ interactions with the Digital Services.
- Learning about users of the Digital Services and analyzing how you and others interact with and respond to the Digital Services, including by measuring and optimizing usage, reliability and performance, conducting market research, analyzing trends, and supporting our operations (e.g., for accounting, auditing, financial, legal or other purposes).
- When you pay your invoice or make a donation, that information is directed to our third-party payment processor. We do not store your financial account information on our systems; however, we have access to, and may retain, subscriber information through our third-party payment processor.
- Other uses include processing refunds or exchanges, tracking and confirming online orders. Your online Account can be deleted at any time. In some circumstances, EXR may share your information with certain third parties to perform services on our behalf.
2. To communicate with you. This includes:
- Sending you informational messages about the Digital Services (e.g., to confirm your listing or bid, and notify you of changes to a Digital Service).
- Delivering marketing or promotional communications, including offers or promotions about our or third parties’ products, services or other initiatives.
- Responding to your questions or addressing your requests.
- Communicating with you about newsletters, contests, promotions or events.
3. For advertising and marketing purposes, including interest-based advertising. This includes:
- Developing, managing and conducting advertising and marketing campaigns, promotions and offers, including about auctions, listings and our content, products and services or third parties’ products, services and other initiatives.
Interest-based advertising (also known as targeted or personalized advertising or ads) is advertising based on your interests as inferred from your activities over time on the Digital Services and online services operated by third parties, as well as information from other sources, including information collected offline. Interest-based ads may consist of text ads, images, animations or videos and may be displayed to you based on various factors, including the context of the site or app in which they appear (e.g., sport or travel section), information you provided to the operator of the site or app (e.g., when you created an account), your activities on the site or app (e.g., pages viewed, searches performed or ads clicked), and information such as your demographic, interests and household information.
- On the Digital Services and on third-party sites, apps or other media, we, our service providers and third parties may use automated means to (a) collect information for interest-based advertising purposes or (b) serve you interest-based ads. These automated means vary depending on the Digital Services and include technologies such as cookies, web beacons, tags, scripts, pixels, local shared objects (including HTML5 cookies) and SDKs. These technologies may use unique identifiers associated with your browser or device to support interest-based advertising.
- We may use and/or combine online and offline information we obtain about you, including your personal information, for interestbased advertising purposes. We may aggregate the information we obtain to create audiences that are most likely to respond to ads based on demographic, interests or household information. Interest-based ads may be displayed to you by third parties, such as ad networks or exchanges.
- There are steps you can take to limit the collection of your information for interest-based advertising purposes. These steps vary for the web and mobile app environments and are browser and device specific. To learn more about interest-based advertising and opt-out choices, in the section Interest-Based Ads Opt-Outs (below).
- Cross-device linking. If you access the Digital Services from multiple browsers or devices, we, our service providers and third parties may try to establish connections among and link the different browsers and devices you use to access the Digital Services and our content or ads published elsewhere. This helps us provide you with a seamless experience across the browsers and devices you use and serve you with more relevant content and ads (e.g., so that we don’t show you the same article twice). See section Website (Browser) OptOuts (below) for steps you can take to limit browser and mobile app tracking for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Analyzing and measuring the performance, effectiveness and reach of our advertising (including interest-based ads) and marketing efforts on the Digital Services and elsewhere.
- You are easily able to unsubscribe by following the “unsubscribe” links included in every email. Without systematically doing so, we may analyze and track the email click rates (times you click on a link in an email) and open rates (the fact that you opened an email) to assess performance rates on our mail-outs that you receive.
4. To protect our rights or the rights of others. This includes:
- Performing audits, assessments and testing or troubleshooting activities. Backing up our systems (including for disaster recovery purposes) and enhancing the overall security of the Digital Services.
- Complying with and enforcing applicable industry and legal requirements (including legal process such as court orders, warrants or subpoenas) and fulfilling contractual obligations.
D. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may share the information we obtain with:
1. Sellers, Other Users and Third Parties. If you transact with another user or third party in connection with an auction or other feature made available on or in connection with the Digital Service (such as commenting), we share your personal information with the seller, other user(s) or third party to facilitate the transaction you requested. If there are subsequent issues with the transaction such as a dispute, we may also share your information to help resolve the issue.
2. Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We work closely with affiliates and subsidiaries within the EXR family of companies with whom we share your information as necessary or appropriate to operate the Digital Services.
3. Service Providers. In connection with the operation and provision of the Digital Services, we engage various third parties to provide services or handle transactions on our behalf, such as payment card processing, email distribution, list processing, postal mailing, cloud computing, analytics, digital content performance measurement, ad serving and managing sweepstakes, contests, promotions or events. These service providers use the information we provide to them as necessary or appropriate for the performance of their services.
4. Advertisers, Advertising and Marketing-Related Service Providers and Partners. We may provide your information to advertisers, advertising agencies, ad networks, ad exchanges, marketing businesses, technology vendors and other entities that create, deliver and assess advertising or marketing campaigns, including interest-based ads.
5. Content Measurement Companies. We and third parties seek to measure the performance of content across the internet, including on the Digital Services. We may include third-party measurement software in the Digital Services to enable market research or to measure digital and video content consumption.
6. Social Media Platforms. If you interact with social media widgets, share content using social media share buttons, or access features of the Digital Services that contain content or features provided by Social Media Platforms, the relevant Social Media Platforms may collect information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the Social Media Platforms that you engage with as we are not responsible for their privacy practices.
7. Business Partners. We may provide your information to business partners including, without limitation, joint marketing partners and content sponsors, for various purposes. For example, we may partner with a third party to offer products on a co-branded, co-sponsored or cross-promotional basis that involves the sharing of information. These initiatives may be offered on the Digital Services or on other media.
8. Other Parties When Required by Law or As Necessary to Protect Our Rights. We may share your information as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend our legal rights, the privacy or safety of our employees, users of the Digital Services or other individuals and entities, or to comply with or enforce applicable industry standards, law or legal process, including responding to court orders, warrants, subpoenas and other requests from public and government authorities.
9. Corporate Transactions. We reserve the right to transfer any of the information we have about you to proceed with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party, such as in the event of a merger, acquisition or other disposition, or in connection with a bankruptcy reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation.
10. With Your Consent or Otherwise at Your Direction. In addition, we may share your information with third parties when your consent to or request such sharing.
E. YOURS CHOICES, INCLUDING MARKETING AND INTEREST-BASED ADS OPT-OUTS
Direct Marketing Opt-Outs
- Email marketing. You may opt out of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link contained in such emails. Depending on the Digital Service you use, you also may be able to opt out of marketing or promotional emails by logging into your account and managing your email preferences. Please keep in mind that if you opt out of receiving marketing or promotional emails, we may still send you transactional emails or other communications relating to your use of the Digital Services (e.g., to confirm your bids, to inform you of changes to a Digital Service or in response to your password recovery request).
- Text message marketing. If you choose to participate in a text message marketing campaign or promotion offered in connection with a Digital Service, you may opt out of receiving marketing Texts from us by following the instructions contained in those messages (e.g., texting the word STOP) or provided to you when you elected to receive text message marketing.
- Direct mail. You may request that we stop sending you postal mail offers through the US post office by notifying us in writing at Exclusive Racing, Inc. Legal Department, Attn: Privacy, 109 East 17th Street, Suite 460, Cheyenne, WY 82001. Please indicate in your correspondence the name of the Digital Service or publication to which your request applies.
- Marketing by Third Parties. We may provide your contact information to third parties for their own marketing purposes. To request that third parties do not use your postal mailing contact information for their own marketing purposes (if we have your postal address), you may notify us in writing at Exclusive Racing, Inc. Legal Department, Attn: Privacy, 109 East 17th Street, Suite 460, Cheyenne, WY 82001. Please indicate in your correspondence the name of the Digital Service or publication to which your request applies. In addition, you may be able to request that third parties do not use your email address (if we have it) for their own marketing purposes by logging into your account or the preferences center (if available) for the relevant Digital Service and adjusting your email preferences.
- Co-Branded, Co-Sponsored or Cross-Promotional Offerings. If you choose to participate in a co-branded, co-sponsored or crosspromotional offering, the brand, sponsor or other third party involved in that offering may use your information for its own purposes, including advertising and marketing purposes. You must contact the relevant third party directly to exercise your opt-out choices with respect to such party’s use of your information.
Interest-Based Ads Opt-Outs
Some of the ads you see on the Digital Services interest-based ads described in section C. 3 For advertising and marketing purposes, including interest-based advertising. This means that these ads are customized based on the information we and others obtain about you. We describe below steps you can take to limit tracking of your activities and the delivery of interest-based ads in browsers and mobile apps you use to access the Digital Services. Please keep in mind that if you opt out of interest-based ads, you will still see ads, but these ads will not be based on your inferred interests. In addition, if you take the steps described below, some automated means may still be used to collect information about your interactions with the Digital Services for the other purposes described in this Privacy Notice (e.g., to remember user preferences or enable specific functionality).
The technologies used to deliver ads on websites and mobile apps differ. Please also remember that opt-outs are browser and device-specific.
Website (Browser) Opt-Out
1. Disabling Cookies. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You may be able to change the settings to have your browser refuse certain cookies or notify you before accepting cookies.
2. Opt-out Cookies. You can place an opt-out cookie on your browser. These opt-out cookies enable you to block participating companies from installing future cookies on your computer or browser.
- If you place opt-out cookies but subsequently clear or delete cookies on your computer or device browser, your opt-out cookies may be deleted, and you may have to renew your opt-out choices for that specific browser.
- The opt-out mechanisms are offered by third parties. EXR does not control or operate these mechanisms or the choices provided through these mechanisms.
Mobile App Opt-Out
Device Settings. To limit interest-based advertising on your mobile device, you can review and adjust the settings provided by your device manufacturer to opt-out
Please keep in mind that as the mobile environment continues to evolve, additional opt-out mechanisms or privacy settings may become available to you. We encourage you to review the information on opt-outs and settings that device manufacturers, technology companies and industry associations make available to you.
Do Not Track
EXR does not currently take steps to respond to browsers “Do Not Track” signals as no uniform standard to respond to such signals has been developed at this time.
1. User account. If you have created an account on a Digital Service, you may be able to review some of your information for that account by logging in and updating your information or user preferences.
2. Device Settings. For relevant Digital Services, you may be able to review and adjust your preferences by updating the settings on your device (e.g., permitting us to collect precise location information).
3. Push Notifications. If a Digital Service enables push notifications on your device, you may review and update your push notification preferences by adjusting the settings on your device. Fore, you can select the relevant app from “Notifications” (for iOS devices) or “App notifications” (for Android devices) and turn off alerts accordingly.
F. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we make reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
G. NON-U.S. VISITORS
We operate the Digital Services from the United States. Any information we obtain about you in connection with your use of the Digital Services may be processed and stored in the United States or other countries.
H. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY RIGHTS
The Digital Services are not intended for use by children, especially those under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
I. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES, MOBILE APPS OR OTHER SERVICES
The Digital Services may contain links to websites, mobile apps or other services operated by companies not affiliated with EXR. In addition, the Digital Services may be made available to you through third-party platforms (such as app stores or Social Media Platforms) or other channels. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any non-EXR operated websites, mobile apps or other services and channels, and we encourage you to review the privacy policies or notices published by relevant third parties.
J. CAREERS/JOB OPPORTUNITIES
This Privacy Notice does not apply to web pages hosting our careers or job opportunities. Any information obtained through such pages is governed by the privacy notice published thereon.
K. DISPUTE RESOLUTION/TERMS
L. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changes in our privacy practices or applicable laws. In accordance with applicable law, we may make such changes without prior notice. We will publish the updated version on the relevant Digital Services and indicate at the top of the Privacy Notice when it was most recently updated. Your use of the Digital Services will be governed by the then-current version of the Privacy Notice.
M. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us by email at Info@ExclusiveRacing.com. For questions related to and to exercise your California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) rights, please contact us by email at Info@ExclusiveRacing.com. Or you may write or contact us at the following address or phone:
Exclusive Racing, Inc.
109 East 17th Street, Suite 460
Cheyenne, WY 82001
N. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Under California law, specific disclosures are required, and California residents have additional rights regarding their personal information. Please review this section to learn more.
Your California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) Rights as amended by the California Consumer Privacy Rights and Enforcement Act (CPRA)
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), and as amended on November 3, 2020 by Californians voting on the California Privacy Rights and Enforcement Act (“CPRA”), which will take effect January 1, 2023, but requires a “look-back period” starting January 1, 2022, and requires specific disclosures for each category of personal information that we collect. The table below summarizes our general data handling practices which are more fully described in Sections B, C and D of this Privacy Notice.
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Sources From Which Personal Information Was Collected (See Section B of this Privacy Notice for additional information)||Business or Commercial Purpose for Collecting and Sharing the Category of Personal Information(See Sections C and D of this Privacy Notice for additional information)||Categories of Third Parties and Other Entities We Share Personal Information With (See Section D of this Privacy Notice for additional information)|
|Identifiers (§1798.140 (o) (1) (A) and (B)) which include elements such as: (i) contact information (e.g., name, mailing address, email address, phone number); and (ii) online identifiers (e.g., Internet protocol (IP) address, account numbers, device identifiers such as mobile advertising IDs)||
|Demographics (§1798.140 (o) (1) (C)) which include elements such as age and gender||
|Personal Information under subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 of the California Civil Code (§1798.140 (o) (1) (B)) which includes payment information (e.g., payment card number, expiration date and billing information)||
|Commercial Information (§1798.140 (o) (1) (D)) which include elements such as: transactional information (e.g., activity, listings or bids, requests)||
|Internet or other electronic network activity (§1798.140 (o) (1) (F)) which include elements such as information about how you use, access, or interact with the Digital Services such as comments, photos, videos and other content you choose to publish on the Digital Services, information about your device, browser or operating system);||
|Geolocation Data (§1798.140 (o) (1) (G)) which include elements such as location information (e.g., city and state, or precise location information if location services are active on your device)||
|Audio, Electronic, Visual, Thermal, Olfactory or Similar Information (§1798.140 (o) (1) (H)) which include elements such as recordings of your calls with our call center||
|Professional or Employment-Related Information (§1798.140 (o) (1) (I)) which include elements such as your professional email address, phone number or other contact information if you have used such professional or employment related personal information to make a listing, place a bid, register for an account or to receive communications||
|Inferences (§1798.140 (o) (1) (K)) which include elements such as inferences regarding your preferences or other characteristics (e.g., cooking enthusiast, travel, food and dining)||
Your California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and California Consumer Privacy Rights and Enforcement Act (CPRA) Privacy Rights
Residents of California may have the following rights:
1. Right to know and access your personal information. Under CCPA, you have the right to:
- Know the categories of personal information we collect and the categories of sources from which we got the information and whether that information is sold or shared;
- Know the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- Know the business or commercial purposes for which we collect, sell, or share personal information;
- Know the categories of third parties and other entities with whom we share or disclose personal information; and
- Access the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Know the categories of sensitive personal information we collect and the purposes for which the categories of sensitive persona information are collected or used, and whether that information is sold or shared;
- The length of time we intend to retain each category of personal information, including sensitive personal information, or if that is not possible, the criteria used to determine that period provided that we shall not retain a consumer’s personal information or sensitive personal information for each disclosed purpose for which the personal information was collected for longer than is reasonably necessary for that disclosed purpose.
- Know that we collect, use, retain, and share consumer’s personal information that is reasonably necessary and proportionate to achieve the purposes for which the personal information was collected or processed, or for another disclosed purpose that is compatible with the context in which the personal information was collected, and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Know that if we collect a consumer’s personal information and sell that personal information to, or share it with, a third party or that discloses it to a service provider or contractor for a business purpose we shall enter into an agreement with the third party, service provider, or contractor, that:
- Specifies that the personal information is sold or disclosed by the business only for limited and specified purposes.
- Obligates the third party, service provider, or contractor to comply with applicable obligations under this title and obligate those persons to provide the same level of privacy protection as is required by this title.
- Grants the business rights to take reasonable and appropriate steps to help ensure that the third party, service provider, or contractor uses the personal information transferred in a manner consistent with the business’ obligations under this title.
- Requires the third party, service provider, or contractor to notify the business if it makes a determination that it can no longer meet its obligations under this title.
- Grants the business the right, upon notice, including under paragraph (4), to take reasonable and appropriate steps to stop and remediate unauthorized use of personal information.
- Know that when we collected consumer’s personal information, implement reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the personal information to protect the personal information from unauthorized or illegal access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure in accordance with Section 1798.81.5.
To exercise any of these rights, please email us at Info@ExclusiveRacing.com and include your name, email address and California postal address. Please specify the CCPA or CPRA right you wish to exercise at this time.
2. Right to deletion of personal information collected. In some circumstances, you may ask us to delete your personal information. To do so, please email us at Info@ExclusiveRacing.com and include your name, email address and California postal address. Please specify the CCPA right you wish to exercise at this time.
3. Right to correction inaccurate personal information. In some circumstances, you may ask us to correct your personal information. To do so, please email us at Info@ExclusiveRacing.com and include your name, email address and California postal address. Please specify the CCPA and CPRA right you wish to exercise at this time.
4. Right to know what personal information is sold or shared and to whom. In some circumstances, you may ask us to know what personal information is sold or shared and to whom. To do so, please email us at Info@ExclusiveRacing.com and include your name, email address and California postal address. Please specify the CCPA and CPRA right you wish to exercise at this time.
5. Right to opt out of sales or sharing of personal information. We may share your personal information with third parties in ways that may constitute a “sale” under CCPA. You may request that we not “sell” your personal information on a going forward basis. To do so, please email us at Info@ExclusiveRacing.com and include your name, email address and California postal address. Please specify the CCPA or CPRA right you wish to exercise at this time. If you reengage with us after opting out of the “sale” of your personal information, such as by submitting a bid, signing up for a newsletter and/or entering contest your personal information will be collected and used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
6. Right to limit use and disclosure of sensitive personal information. In some circumstances, you may ask us to limit use and disclosure of sensitive personal information. To do so, please email us at Info@ExclusiveRacing.com and include your name, email address and California postal address. Please specify the CCPA and CPRA right you wish to exercise at this time.
7. Right to be free from discrimination. You may exercise any of the above rights without fear of being discriminated against. We are permitted to provide a different price or rate to you if the difference is directly related to the value provided to you by your data.
For any of the above-mentioned rights, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In the request, you or your authorized agent must provide including information sufficient for us to confirm the identity of an authorized agent. We are required to verify that your agent has been properly authorized to request information on your behalf and this may take additional time to fulfill your request.
We will use the information you provide to make your CCPA or CPRA rights requests to verify your identity, identify the personal information we may hold about you and act upon your request. We strongly recommend that you submit the email and postal address that you used when you created accounts, listed or placed a bid on a listed vehicle or other products and services, or signed up for a newsletter. After you submit a CCPA or CPRA rights requests, we may ask you to verify your identity and/or access to the email address you submitted. You are required to verify your identity and/or email in order for us to proceed with your CCPA or CPRA rights requests. Please check your spam or junk folder in case you can’t see the verification email in your inbox. If you are a California resident and have any questions regarding your CCPA or CPRA rights under this Privacy Notice, please contact us at Info@ExclusiveRacing.com.
8. Right to no retaliation following opt out or exercise of other rights. You may exercise any of the above rights without fear of being retaliated against for opting out or exercising your rights. If you believe you have been retaliated against, please email us at Info@ExclusiveRacing.com and include your name, email address and California postal address. Please specify the CCPA and CPRA right you wish to exercise at this time.
We do not knowingly collect or disclose personal information of minors under the age of 16, without affirmative authorization.
Your Shine the Light California Rights (CA Civil Code § 1798.83) You may also have the right to request a list of third parties to which certain personal information (as defined by California Civil Code § 1798.83) obtained through a Digital Service was disclosed by EXR during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at Exclusive Racing, Inc. Legal Department, Attn: Privacy, 109 East 17th Street, Suite 460, Cheyenne, WY 82001.
For such request, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In your request, you need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please also indicate in your request the name of the Digital Service to which your request applies. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, email, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
O. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR NEVADA VISITORS
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Data to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Data. You can exercise this right by contacting us at Info@ExclusiveRacing.com with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your Personal Data as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.
P. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR EUROPEAN VISITORS
In order to address our legal obligations in Europe (including the UK), EXR provides the following additional information for Europe-based visitors to EXR’s U.S. Digital Services.
Who is Responsible for Your Information?
If you use or interact with an EXR U.S. Digital Service then the data controller will be Exclusive Racing, Inc. The contact details for this entity are provided in the “Contact Us” section above.
Legal Bases for Using Your Information
We process personal information for different purposes (as described in the “How We Use Information We Obtain” section, above) on the following legal bases:
To perform our contractual obligations to you. We and our service providers process your information to perform our contractual obligations to you when we use your information to provide you with the Digital Services and related content, products or services and to communicate with you. For example, when you list or successfully bid on a vehicle or other products and services through the Digital Services, we process your payment and contact information as necessary to collect the fees charged by us and to facilitate your transaction with the seller. We process your contact information and other details to provide you with support services you request. We also send you informational communications on this basis, including to confirm a listing or to notify you of a change to a Digital Service. Failure to provide requested information could prevent or delay the fulfilment of our contractual obligations.
To pursue our legitimate interests. We process your information to meet our legitimate interests when we use your information to provide you with the Digital Services and related content, products or services, to communicate with you and for our advertising and marketing purposes.
- For example, our legitimate interests include making improvements to, customizing and understanding how you interact with the Digital Services and related content, products or services, and sending you communications about products and services we think may be of interest to you.
- To accomplish our legitimate interests. We may share your information with our affiliates and subsidiaries, service providers and business partners (including for our advertising and marketing purposes) and in the context of a corporate transaction. We maintain safeguards to protect the information we process to pursue our legitimate interests.
- To comply with our legal obligations. We process and share your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations when we use your information to protect our rights or the rights of others and when we share your information with other parties where required by law or as necessary to protect our rights. For example, we may be required to collect certain information from you when processing your payment for tax or financial reporting reasons.
- With your consent. We obtain your consent to process your information when we are required to do so by law. If consent is the legal basis on which we process your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section above.
Your Rights Over Your Information
In certain circumstances, you have a right to access or object to the use of personal information held about you (including in relation to direct marketing). You can also ask us to rectify, update, erase, restrict or to share your information in a usable format with another company. Such requests are subject to applicable law. We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us at Info@ExclusiveRacing.com. We will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
Storing Your Information
We will keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we will retain your personal information for a period of time that enables us to:
- Maintain business records for analysis, understanding market trends and/or audit purposes and to improve the Digital Services.
- Comply with record retention requirements under applicable laws or other relevant legal or regulatory requirements.
- Defend, establish, exercise or bring any existing or potential legal claims.
- Carry out fraud detection and prevention.
- Deal with any complaints regarding the Digital Services, our products and services.
We will delete your personal information when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the data.
International Data Transfers
Information collected through the Digital Services will be processed in and subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protection for your personal information as your home country. If we transfer personal data from the European Economic Area, United Kingdom and Switzerland we put in place safeguards.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
Where changes to this Privacy Notice have a fundamental impact on the nature of the processing or otherwise have a substantial impact on you, we will give you advanced notice so that you have the opportunity to exercise your rights (e.g. to object to the processing).
Privacy Officer and Complaints
Our Privacy Officer can be contacted at Info@ExclusiveRacing.com.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution in the event you have a complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you have the right to make a complaint to a data protection authority.
Q. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR USERS RESIDING IN BRAZIL
The provisions contained in this section apply to all “Users” (defined below) who reside in Brazil, according to the “Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados”(“Users” are referred to below, simply as “you”, “your”, “yours”). For such Users, these provisions supersede any other possibly divergent or conflicting provisions contained in the Privacy Notice.
This part of the document uses the term “personal information” as it is defined in the Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados (LGPD).
The grounds on which we process your personal information
- We can process your personal information solely if we have a legal basis for such processing. Legal bases are as follows:
- your consent to the relevant processing activities;
- compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that lies with us;
- the carrying out of public policies provided in laws or regulations or based on contracts, agreements and similar legal instruments;
- studies conducted by research entities, preferably carried out on anonymized personal information;
- the carrying out of a contract and its preliminary procedures, in cases where you are a party to said contract;
- the exercising of our rights in judicial, administrative or arbitration procedures;
- protection or physical safety of yourself or a third party;
- the protection of health – in procedures carried out by health entities or professionals;
- our legitimate interests, provided that your fundamental rights and liberties do not prevail over such interests; and credit protection.
To find out more about the legal bases, you can contact us at any time using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section above.
Categories of personal information processed
To find out what categories of your personal information are processed, you can read the section titled “Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data” within this Privacy Notice.
Why we process your personal information
To find out why we process your personal information, you can read the sections titled “Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data” and “The purposes of processing” within this Privacy Notice.
Your Brazilian privacy rights, how to file a request and our response to your requests
Your Brazilian privacy rights
You have the right to:
- obtain confirmation of the existence of processing activities on your personal information;
- access to your personal information;
- have incomplete, inaccurate or outdated personal information rectified;
- obtain the anonymization, blocking or elimination of your unnecessary or Excessive personal information, or of information that is not being processed in compliance with the LGPD;
- obtain information on the possibility to provide or deny your consent and the consequences thereof;
- obtain information about the third parties with whom we share your personal information;
- obtain, upon your express request, the portability of your personal information (except for anonymized information) to another service or product provider, provided that our commercial and industrial secrets are safeguarded;
- obtain the deletion of your personal information being processed if the processing was based upon your consent, unless one or more exceptions provided for in art. 16 of the LGPD apply;
- revoke your consent at any time;
- lodge a complaint related to your personal information with the ANPD (the National Data Protection Authority) or with consumer protection bodies;
- oppose a processing activity in cases where the processing is not carried out in compliance with the provisions of the law;
- request clear and adequate information regarding the criteria and procedures used for an automated decision; and
- request the review of decisions made solely on the basis of the automated processing of your personal information, which affect your interests. These include decisions to define your personal, professional, consumer and credit profile, or aspects of your personality.
You will never be discriminated against, or otherwise suffer any sort of detriment, if you exercise your rights.
How to file your request
You can file your express request to exercise your rights free from any charge, at any time, by using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section above, or via your legal representative.
How and when we will respond to your request
We will strive to promptly respond to your requests. In any case, should it be impossible for us to do so, we’ll make sure to communicate to you the factual or legal reasons that prevent us from immediately, or otherwise ever, complying with your requests. In cases where we are not processing your personal information, we will indicate to you the physical or legal person to whom you should address your requests, if we are in the position to do so.
In the event that you file an access or personal information processing confirmation request, please make sure that you specify whether you’d like your personal information to be delivered in electronic or printed form.
You will also need to let us know whether you want us to answer your request immediately, in which case we will answer in a simplified fashion, or if you need a complete disclosure instead.
In the latter case, we’ll respond within 15 days from the time of your request, providing you with all the information on the origin of your personal information, confirmation on whether or not records exist, any criteria used for the processing and the purposes of the processing, while safeguarding our commercial and industrial secrets.
In the event that you file a rectification, deletion, anonymization or personal information blocking request, we will make sure to immediately communicate your request to other parties with whom we have shared your personal information in order to enable such third parties to also comply with your request – except in cases where such communication is proven impossible or involves disproportionate effort on our side.
Transfer of personal information outside of Brazil permitted by the law
We are allowed to transfer your personal information outside of the Brazilian territory in the following cases:
- when the transfer is necessary for international legal cooperation between public intelligence, investigation and prosecution bodies, according to the legal means provided by the international law;
- when the transfer is necessary to protect your life or physical security or those of a third party;
- when the transfer is authorized by the ANPD;
- when the transfer results from a commitment undertaken in an international cooperation agreement;
- when the transfer is necessary for the execution of a public policy or legal attribution of public service;
- when the transfer is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation, the carrying out of a contract or preliminary procedures related to a contract, or the regular exercise of rights in judicial, administrative or arbitration procedures.